Why clean your roof? The answer is to save your roof from damaging moss, algae, lichen and Gloeocapsa Magma algae. These bacteria can slowly feed on the lime content in your shingles and can shorten the lifespan of your roof by 8-10 years depending on how long they go unchecked. Roof cleaning can save you thousands of dollars in the future by avoiding the need to replace your roof prematurely.
Now, consider the aesthetic side of a clean roof. Whether you are showing off your home to guests or to potential buyers, or just want to take pride in your house for your own sake, it’s better to see a nice clean roof than green furry moss and lichen or things or black ugly streaks and stains known as Gloeocapsa Magma algae.
As one customer put it to us, “I never realized a roof could actually look that good unless it was brand new.”
As part of every roof cleaning, we will:
- Inspect each roof area to provide a detailed description of our job approach in a written estimate
- Inform the homeowner of any major issues and answer questions about the process or conditions we encounter
- Remove accumulated leaves, pine needles, branches or twigs, and other organic debris
- Clear gutters and downspouts that may be blocked at no additional charge
- Use our soft washing system to eliminate all furry green and white growth like lichen or moss, and black staining (Gloeocapsa Magma algae/bacteria which can actually feed on the lime content in your shingles)
We use a safe NO pressure washing process to avoid harming your roof. Any contractor using high pressure rinsing, power washing or hard brushing removal methods can do damage to your shingles, flashing, and chimneys. The Soft Washing process will not remove or harm the protective granular surface that protects your shingles to assure the natural life of your roof.